Saturday, May 1, 2010

Might have cried over spoiled milk, but we didn't.

This was a business trip ended by a reward stay, and my second stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Midland, Texas. Not much changed from the first stay, it was mostly very nice. But I did learn that next time I should request a room on the quiet side of the hotel, on the opposite side from the highway. Somehow I just never imagined that a hotel in Midland Texas would have more road noise than say, Chicago or Detroit - but this one did.

It also had spoiled milk. The first morning I told the hostess that the milk was bad, and somehow assumed the expiration dates would be checked and the offending milk tossed. Wrong. The next morning I opened a carton of milk and surprise!

I am glad they had orange juice.

No comments: