Friday, May 7, 2010

Reflections on a Margarita # 6

Recently I flew to Virginia on my favorite airline - Southwest Airlines. For those of you that don't fly Southwest you need to know that there are no seat assignments. If you forget to check in - or don't know to check in - you will always end up in the middle seat.

This particular flight I ended up with a young woman in the middle seat next to me that obviously had never flown on a plane. She got on the plane with this huge polka dot blanket that she wrapped herself in from head to toe. It was so big that it spilled over onto my seat. It wasn't cold on the plane and I didn't need her blanket but she shared anyway.

Then she told me that she flew all the time, but when the plane took off she panicked. She grabbed the seat in front of her and moaned until we were in the air. Poor thing. She did the same thing when we landed.

No, I don't think she had ever flown before in spite of what she said. If she had, she never would have carried on a polka-dot blanket. She would have made it a nice respectable plaid.

No comments: