Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Run for the roses

My husband doesn't bring me roses. But it's okay - no, really. He fixes dinner and does laundry. I'm not sure I'd trade that for roses.

I know a little bit about roses though. Tyler roses come from Tyler, Texas and they are famous. Tyler is about 30 miles from Henderson, Texas. I'm not sure if there is any claim to fame in Henderson, but I imagine they have some visitors stop by on their run for the roses. Visitors would be well served if they stopped for the night at the Holiday Inn Express in Henderson,Texas.

I found the hotel almost outside of town. My GPS didn't know the hotel was there, so I guessed that it was a relatively new property. I guessed right. The hotel still had that new hotel smell, and the room had a 42" flat screen HDTV. That's better than most pricey hotels. They also had warm cookies ready in the lobby. Nice.

Warm cookies, roses, and a big screen TV. Hmmm. This could be the beginning of a real relationship...

No comments: