Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Only one thing I can wine about

The Hampton Inn Jackson-North in Jackson, Mississippi was very nice as far as hotels go. The desk clerk was very pleasant, the room was comfortable, and I had a wonderful view overlooking the Chili's Restaurant.

The hotel even had a manager's reception featuring Crawfish Etouffee and several types of beer. I don't drink beer.

I know I'm not the only non-beer drinker to stay in the hotel. I think they should have offered other options, too. At the very least, they could have served wine. It doesn't cost that much, and it would've made me happy.

It was nice to have the reception though. I always like hotels that go that extra mile to make customers feel important. But - I never saw the manager during the manager's reception, and there were only two other people at the reception besides me. Maybe the rest of the hotel guests went next door to Chili's for a glass of wine.

No comments: