Friday, September 24, 2010

How dry I am.

I would have never stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Pearl Mississippi had I known it was in a dry county. I didn't even know those still existed!

But, I found out they do exist when I went to eat dinner at the restaurant next door to the hotel. I chose this hotel because it showed up on the hotel list as an "airport" hotel. I often stay at airport hotels because they are - well, close to the airport.

I also often enjoy an adult beverage at the end of a long day. But the fine folks of Rankin County said too bad. They do not serve alcohol in their little county - even to weary business travelers.

So, while the hotel was relatively new and quite pleasant, next time I'll choose to stay one county over. I prefer to stay somewhere where they recognize me as an adult.

No comments: