Friday, March 2, 2012

Texas is better with whipped cream

The Rio Grand Valley and South Texas are a part of my territory now, so I will obviously be looking for a great home-away-from-home. I think I've found it already. The Staybridge Suites Brownsville, in Brownsville Texas is a wonderful and comfortable property.

I was a little worried when I was given a room on the first floor, because I don't like to hear stomping around above me. But this turned out to be one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed in. Either it was extremely well insulated or there was no one else there. I think it was just well insulated.

I asked the desk clerk to steer me to a good Mexican Restaurant and was sent to Mi Pueblito, just down the street. It was wonderful and offered a regional cuisine, not typical Tex-Mex.

Then, just when I thought I'd found a nearly perfect hotel, I went to breakfast. The waffle machine made Texas shaped waffles. I've had Texas waffles before - but this hotel offered fresh strawberries and whipped cream as toppings.

I think I'm in love.

No comments: