Saturday, March 24, 2012

AT&T… we have a connection!

I bet you thought I was going to talk about my phone, huh? Well, I’m not. Okay, maybe I am – a little. We have been having major challenges with our cell signal at the house. AT&T just can’t seem to keep us connected no matter what they do lately. I think it’s because instead of fixing our cell tower, AT&T has been putting all their resources into the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center in Austin, Texas.

I've stayed in this hotel before, and again it was a wonderful place to stay while attending a conference. The conference rooms were excellent and the breakout refreshments were very nice. My room was comfortable, quiet, had a great work desk, and fast internet. Our group had a couple of very good evening meals (and more than a few drinks) in the bar and were served by a great bar staff.

Now let’s talk about those new-fangled energy efficient light bulbs.

If I have anything negative at all to say it would be that the lighting in the room was a little dim for my taste. I appreciate the energy efficient lighting and the fact that it softens the wrinkles when I look in the mirror… but it would’ve been nice to be a little brighter when I needed to put on my makeup. Even soft wrinkles need a little help when you get to my age.



No comments: