Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anyone for a swim?

The Holiday Inn Birmingham-Homewood, in Birmingham, Alabama is a beautiful new property on the south side of Birmingham. I was supposed to stay two nights but I checked out after one night and went to another Holiday Inn property.

I encountered something in this hotel that I've never encountered before. It was more humid inside the room than it was outside. If you've ever been to Alabama in the summer then you know this is an amazing statement. But it is not an exaggeration. The room was downright wet. It was bizarre.

My paperwork got limp. The sheets felt damp. When I took a shower the bathroom mirror didn't fog up because there was already so much moisture in the room. I didn't like it but I thought I could deal with it.

The final straw was when my my Cheez-Its got soggy. Nobody messes with my Cheez-Its.

1 comment:

wm said...

Not the Cheez-its.
NOT THE CHEEZ-ITS!