Friday, June 19, 2009

If only they could all be like this

Near hotel perfection awaited me at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. From the moment I walked in the door until I walked out it was an outstanding experience. Check in was smooth, and I was recognized immediately as a priority member. I received a personalized envelope which had enclosed a thank you and a coupon for a complimentary drink and a full breakfast in the restaurant. I wasn't sure if I would use them though, because I was upgraded to a room on the the "key access only" executive club floor. One of the perks of the executive floor is a complimentary happy hour with appetizers, and complimentary continental breakfast. Ah, decisions decisions.

The room itself was great. When I arrived in the room waiting on the bed was a little gift bag with lavender linen spray, ear plugs, and an eye mask. I got the feeling that they really wanted guests to have a very restful night. I didn't need any help though, because the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I almost didn't need the fan, but left it on anyway. I slept very well.

There was a spacious desk and a plush lounge chair with an ottoman. Perfect for watching the large flat screen HD TV. Nice.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if my unpleasant hotel experiences cloud my judgment. After the previous experience did this one just seem better because the plumbing worked? Did I just imagine the softness of the bed? Was it really that terrific?

It was really that terrific.

No comments: